A Message from Dr. Pam Brown, Dr. Megan Hart and their Eye Care Team
WORKING TOGETHER WE CAN ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOU, OUR DOCTORS AND OUR STAFF:
Please Reschedule your Appointment if:
- You are not feeling well or believe you may have been in contact with someone who was exposed to COVID-19.
- You traveled in a high risk area or internationally within the last 14 days?
- You have been in a gathering of 25 or more people who were not social distancing or wearing protective face coverings.
Face Coverings and Enhanced Cleaning
- ALL patients are required to bring a protective face covering to wear while in the office. Disposable masks will be provided to anyone who comes to their appointment without one.
- All staff will be required to wear protective face coverings.
- All surfaces will be disinfected following each patient interaction.
- Please remain in your vehicle when you arrive and call 889-9693 for further instructions.
- In order to expedite the check in process and reduce the necessity for hands-on contact of items between patients and staff, all patients will be contacted by text, email or phone and asked to complete Welcome Forms prior to the scheduled appointment. The forms are located on this website within the Patient Center tab.
ALL PATIENTS MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO BE SEEN BY DOCTORS OR OPTICIANS
To Comply with Physical Distancing Protocols
- We are staggering appointments based on each patient’s reason for visit. Following each encounter, all surfaces and equipment will be sanitized.
- ALL patients will be required to have an appointment. Sometimes a patient may arrive after you but be taken into the office before you because they are here for a different type of appointment.
- Due to the limited number of appointments available, we will be charging a $25 fee for all no shows.
*Late arrivals: Arriving 5 or more minutes after your scheduled appointment may result in an extended wait as you will have to be worked back into the line up following the patients who arrive on time. You may be asked to or choose to reschedule.*
- Adults age 18 and older, please come to your appointment alone.
- Children under 18 or patients with special needs can be accompanied by one parent/guardian/aide.
- Drivers, friends & family members are asked to remain in the vehicle.
Optical Gallery and Dispensary
- All patients coming to the office for frame selection, eye wear dispensing, repair or adjustment must have an appointment.
- All frames that are handled by or tried on by patients will be collected in a sanitized tray and disinfected afterwards.
POLICIES/PROTOCOLS WILL BE REVIEWED REGULARLY AND ADJUSTED BASED ON CDC, NYS AND AOA GUIDELINES